The Value of Online Business Directory in Promoting a Business
The great thing about local business directories is that it compiles essential details into one comprehensive business phone number resource book. For years, people were psyched into consulting the business directories when they failed to remember the office number of a company or the flower delivery shop. As living evidence to the pervasiveness and widespread usefulness of business directories is the popularity of the brand name Yellow Pages.
But now that internet and all things online are the fad, even business directories have to follow the trend. At the moment, there are many websites which are dedicated to the purpose of compiling contact information about businesses .i.e German Company Directory Listing. Basically, online local business directories Listing operate in the same way. The only difference lies on what medium is used and the ease to browse online business directories because of the search bar function which automatically searches the database for possible matches to your query.
Given the value of German Company Directory Listing in reminding people business phone numbers just in case they are needed, businesses must make sure that their business will be registered in various business directories. If a local, statewide business directory is available where your business operates then register your business in that business directory. Also, is applicable, get registered on a national business directory.
Submitting to Online Directories
A Secret Way of Getting Traffic: Submitting to Online Directories
If you are reading this article, more likely than not you own a website that you would like to see be a success. To achieve that level, you need traffic to your site. But where does traffic come from?
One of the better ways to get traffic for your site is to submit your site to the many directories that exist online. Online directories are similar to your phone book yellow pages: These directories are categorized (education, entertainment, health, etc.), and when you submit your website, you suggest a category for your website. Often, you will even be able to submit to a sub-category within a major category. For example, suppose your website is about aromatherapy.
In your submission request, you would suggest "Health" as your main category, "Alternative Medicine" as your sub-category, and "Aromatherapy" as a further sub-category.
Some of the leading online directories are Yahoo!, MSN Small Business, and the DMOZ directory. Unlike search engines, however, listings in online directories are usually not free. As of this writing, you can submit for free to the Yahoo! Directory (http://dir.yahoo.com), but there is not guarantee on how quickly your website will be reviewed for listing. If you need your site reviewed faster, you can pay Yahoo! $299 US for "expedited" service and they will review your site within seven days. However, this fee is a yearly recurring fee. Your website is subject to a yearly review, and is guaranteed neither initial inclusion or to remain listed year after year.
The MSN service is $49 US, and it functions more like a search engine submit service. Their submission service includes inclusion in their own small business directory. DMOZ, on the other hand, is free, but because it is operated by volunteers, it could be awhile before your site is included. Your best options are to submit to DMOZ and pay for the MSN and Yahoo! services.
But why should you spend money? Can't you just optimize your site for the search engines? You can, but not everyone goes to a search engine for what they are looking for. For example, if someone is searching for gourmet dog treats, they may not use a search engine. Instead, they might go to one of the online directories and look at the listings, much like someone would use the yellow pages in their phone book. Your investment in gaining inclusion in the online directories will pay off for you in a multitude of ways.
1. You will increase traffic to your site. Your site will be included in the online directories, as well as the search engines, and this will help you gain traffic as people search directory listings and find your website.
2. You will increase the number of backlinks to your site. If the directory pages are listed in search engines, the link they provide for your site will be listed in the search engines. This benefits you by creating more ways for people to find your site. Ultimately, this will provide more traffic for you.
3. Submitting to directories is a quick way to gain links. Optimizing your site for the search engines is very difficult and time-consuming.
It can take a lot of time to learn how to write for the search engines. In the meantime, any links you can get will help you with the search engines, and submitting to directories will get you links.
4. Submitting to directories is relatively inexpensive, and a good investment. As stated earlier, you can submit to Yahoo! and MSN for less than $350. DMOZ is free. If you run a search for online directories, you will find many more where you could submit inexpensively, or even for free.
In short, submitting to online directories is one of the best ways for you to build traffic to your website. In the end, you need traffic to survive online. So get started!
Tips on Looking For Local Services in an Online Directory
In the world of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), there are many do's and don'ts which are forever changing. If we look at Google, they are forever changing what they see as good SEO and bad SEO. Sometimes, it is hard for a webmaster or website owner to keep up with these changes. We have seen Google Panda and Penguin take down many websites, leaving people without the good rankings they once had. Previous methods such as blog commenting is now frowned upon and cannot be used to improve search engine rankings and link popularity. This article will discuss and talk about the advantages and disadvantages of directories, building links and link submissions to them, and how you can use this method of SEO to your advantage of you are a website owner or webmaster.
A web directory or online directory is a website which allows businesses, websites, and people who own brands or services to submit links to it. The site then generates a link back or a page that goes directly back to the website that has been submitted. This means that people who are looking for a particular service or a certain kind of website can find it within these directories. Web directories can be a general directory where all kinds of websites/businesses are welcome, a niche based (such as health or finance) where only a particular kind of website is accepted or a link directory. Below we will talk about the advantages and disadvantages of submitting links to web directories.
Web directories and link directories can be wonderful for SEO and search engine rankings. When you submit your site to an online directory, it shows the search engines that your website has link popularity online. When you submit your link to lots of different directories, the pages that are generated helps the search engine spiders to crawl through to your page, and tells it that your site is popular amongst the internet. Your website will crawl up the search engine because of this. Another advantage of link building in directories is that I can generate direct customers and visitors to your website as general internet users use directories to find local services and websites of their interest.
We have listed a few advantages, but now let us look at some possible disadvantages. When you are looking for link directories to submit your link to, some of them may not be good quality; when you submit your link to them it could harm your rankings and create bad links pointing back to your site. Using directories that do not require any moderation from the directory is dangerous because the site may contain low quality links and content which is always frowned upon by search engines. Next are a few tips to remember when submitting your links to online directories online.
Here are a few tips to help you get started and to make sure that you are using online submissions to directories correctly:
- Always check the quality of the directory. You can do this by exploring the site, checking its ranking and looking at its Alexa levels.
- Use a range of different keywords when building links to multiple directories. If your main keyword is 'gardening tools', then choose other keywords that are related such as 'tools for gardening' or garden equipment'.
- Never use link submission software. This is not a good idea if you want good quality directory links pointing back to your site.
- Make sure that you spend some good quality time when submitting your links to directories. Make your description professional and make sure it makes sense, using a unique one each time.
- Do not rush. Do a few each day to balance it out.
This article has discussed some good and bad points when using online directories. Remember that you must always use a range of SEO techniques to improve rankings such as article marketing, social media marketing, Blogging and more.
- Chamber Of Commerce Business Directory Listing
- Yahoo Business Directory Guide
- Manufacturing Business Directory Plan
- Yellow Pages Email Plans
- Small Business Listings Price
- Ezlocal Business Listing Prices
- Yahoo Business Directory Pricing
- High Pr Business Listing Quick
- International Business Directory Rating
- Free Directory Listing Ratings
- Directory Listing Review
- Yahoo Business Directory Reviews
- Find Yellow Pages Tip
- Yellow Pages Categories List Tips
- International Business Directory Top
- Yahoo Business Directory Turnkey
- Chamber Of Commerce Business Directory Cost
- Manufacturing Business Directory Costs
- Directory Listing Coupon
- Manufacturing Business Directory Custom
- Yellow Pages Phone DIY
- High Pr Business Listing Review
- Manufacturing Business Directory Reviews
- Business Directory Pdf Site
- Chamber Of Commerce Business Directory Sites
- Find Yellow Pages Website
- Superpages Free Business Listing Info
- Find Yellow Pages Information
- Google Local Directory Websites
- Yalwa Business Listing Best
- Manufacturing Business Directory Top Rated
High Pr Business Listing Listing