Business directory is mentioned when one refers to the Internet. Yellow Pages Residential Numbers Information is a great way of marketing your business as people today would rather use a directory as they provide relevant results with very little effort, especially Listing online directories because you can enter your search term and see all of the relevant results listed.
Business directories are mostly useful for other businesses when they are looking for Information services and products not available through their own business. But, even direct consumers find business directories to be useful, especially when they prefer to make direct online purchases from the most suitable seller. Business to business directories often restricts their listings to businesses in a specified region, making it even easier to find sellers near you. Many Information directories provide a search facility to narrow down the list of businesses displayed.
Now please understand that getting links to your site increases traffic and boosts your rankings in the search engine queries. In this short article I will explain what is a Yellow Pages Residential Numbers Information and methods I used for getting links to these directories:
Online Directory As a Webmaster's Promotion Tool
An online directory, similar to the phone book, keeps website addresses in databases for search by users. Usually, most people will get to a website from an online directory. Most online directories have a search program (search engine) linked to it to be easily searched by the end user.
The end-user of the directory usually searches the database using a keyword or key phrase.
Once the keyword or key phrase has been entered into the search program or search engine for the online directory, a list of websites are pulled up. The websites with the most relevance to the keyword or key phrase first, the websites with the more relevance to the keyword second, and on and on to the website with the least relevance to the keyword or key phrase.
To a webmaster, this is what you need to do to improve your ranking on an online directory for increase website traffic.
1. Meta Tag - Write your web pages with meta tags for directory search spiders to appropriately rank your site for keyword or key phrase. When creating your Meta tags, consider the appropriate keyword or key phrase pertaining to your website.
Place your Meta tags at the appropriate part of the webpage, usually in the top part of the HTML.
2. Content Writing - Not only, the search spider looks for the Meta tags, unique content is also a plus for higher ranking. A well written content has almost endless keyword ranking on search engines. Search engines spiders, usually look for the uniqueness of website for proper ranking and also, to rule out the spammers.
Today, more and more websites are created, a lot of them lack the quality and integrity search engine users or online directory users are looking for or even search engine spiders are looking to rank.
Tips on Looking For Local Services in an Online Directory
A Secret Way of Getting Traffic: Submitting to Online Directories
If you are reading this article, more likely than not you own a website that you would like to see be a success. To achieve that level, you need traffic to your site. But where does traffic come from?
One of the better ways to get traffic for your site is to submit your site to the many directories that exist online. Online directories are similar to your phone book yellow pages: These directories are categorized (education, entertainment, health, etc.), and when you submit your website, you suggest a category for your website. Often, you will even be able to submit to a sub-category within a major category. For example, suppose your website is about aromatherapy.
In your submission request, you would suggest "Health" as your main category, "Alternative Medicine" as your sub-category, and "Aromatherapy" as a further sub-category.
Some of the leading online directories are Yahoo!, MSN Small Business, and the DMOZ directory. Unlike search engines, however, listings in online directories are usually not free. As of this writing, you can submit for free to the Yahoo! Directory (http://dir.yahoo.com), but there is not guarantee on how quickly your website will be reviewed for listing. If you need your site reviewed faster, you can pay Yahoo! $299 US for "expedited" service and they will review your site within seven days. However, this fee is a yearly recurring fee. Your website is subject to a yearly review, and is guaranteed neither initial inclusion or to remain listed year after year.
The MSN service is $49 US, and it functions more like a search engine submit service. Their submission service includes inclusion in their own small business directory. DMOZ, on the other hand, is free, but because it is operated by volunteers, it could be awhile before your site is included. Your best options are to submit to DMOZ and pay for the MSN and Yahoo! services.
But why should you spend money? Can't you just optimize your site for the search engines? You can, but not everyone goes to a search engine for what they are looking for. For example, if someone is searching for gourmet dog treats, they may not use a search engine. Instead, they might go to one of the online directories and look at the listings, much like someone would use the yellow pages in their phone book. Your investment in gaining inclusion in the online directories will pay off for you in a multitude of ways.
1. You will increase traffic to your site. Your site will be included in the online directories, as well as the search engines, and this will help you gain traffic as people search directory listings and find your website.
2. You will increase the number of backlinks to your site. If the directory pages are listed in search engines, the link they provide for your site will be listed in the search engines. This benefits you by creating more ways for people to find your site. Ultimately, this will provide more traffic for you.
3. Submitting to directories is a quick way to gain links. Optimizing your site for the search engines is very difficult and time-consuming.
It can take a lot of time to learn how to write for the search engines. In the meantime, any links you can get will help you with the search engines, and submitting to directories will get you links.
4. Submitting to directories is relatively inexpensive, and a good investment. As stated earlier, you can submit to Yahoo! and MSN for less than $350. DMOZ is free. If you run a search for online directories, you will find many more where you could submit inexpensively, or even for free.
In short, submitting to online directories is one of the best ways for you to build traffic to your website. In the end, you need traffic to survive online. So get started!
Find Yellow Pages Information